15 Most Intriguing Essay Topics On The Picture Of Dorian Gray
If you have been told to select an essay topic for “The Picture of Dorian Gray”, then you have come to the correct place. Below are 15 essay topics that you can choose from. It is better to write on the topic that you find intriguing so that you will feel like working on it. This is an Oscar Wilde novel that you may have found interesting.
It can be exciting writing on a novel especially if you have read the novel and enjoyed it. It is advisable to take out some time to read the novel that you have been given so that you have an idea of what is going on. By this, you may be able to attempt the question better and also chose an exciting topic to write on.
- What are your views on why Basil Hallward is not willing to show Dorian Gray’s portrait?
- What do you think of Hetty Merton? What is her importance in this novel?
- Analyze Lord Henry’s character and tell what impact he has upon Dorian.
- Analyze the relationship present among Basil as well as Dorian.
- What is the importance of Sibyl Vane within the novel?
- What do you think encourages Dorian to demolish the painting?
- Compare as well as contrast Basil along with Lord Henry’s characters. Analyze the relationship that they have with each other and with Dorian.
- Analyze and discuss the Gothic elements present in “The Picture of Dorian Gray.”
- What are the similarities among Dorian’s story as well as the Faust legend? Do you think that Dorian forms an agreement with the devil?
- Discuss the role that friendship has to play within this book. Look precisely at Basil, Dorian along with Lord Henry and how they connect with one another.
- Discuss the role that manipulation has to play in this novel, the way that it impacts Dorian as well as those that he influences.
- Look at the theme of innocence within this novel. Look particularly at Sibyl Vane, Dorian as well as Hetty Merton.
- What can you tell from the novel concerning racial along with class prejudice within Wilde’s era?
- Discuss the role that Aestheticism has to play within this novel.
- Think yourself to be a crime reporter who has been able to sneak into Dorian’s home so as to see the last scene. Tell the way that you would report this. Which characters will you think are necessary to be interviewed? Guess what they will say.
Above is a list of some topics that you can get an idea from when having to write on “The Picture of Dorian Gray.” You can look at them carefully and pick one that you think you will be able to write a good essay upon. Read the novel before attempting to write upon it so that you at least have some idea of what the book is about and what happens in it. You may find writing on it rather fun.