Creative Ideas For Persuasive Essays On Global Warming
Global warming is a complex issue that students often analyze in their persuasive essays. This assignment aims to convince the reader about a particular claim that you agree with. The following original ideas will help you compose an interesting paper. To learn more about this kind of writing, study the guidelines provided below.
10 Great Persuasive Essay Ideas on Global Warming
- The use of fossil fuels and its consequences.
- A historical timeline of global warming.
- The relationship between greenhouse gas emissions and rising temperatures.
- The scientific consensus on causes and effects of the climate change.
- National laws aimed to stop global warming.
- How businesses suffer from temperature increase.
- The attempts to solve a problem of climate change.
- Ambitious emission reducing goals.
- The true threats of global warming.
- Why there is no need to worry about carbon dioxide emissions.
Write about how using fossil fuels causes the greenhouse effect and, therefore, the global temperature increase.
Focus on temperature records in different parts of the planet and prove that such climate change significantly affects people and their lifestyles.
Argue that the link between the increase in greenhouse concentration in the atmosphere and global warming is not as strong as scientists expected.
Find out why some scientists oppose the fact that human activities caused the current climate change and provide strong counterarguments.
Persuade your audience that only global cooperation can help reduce negative effects of climate change.
Illustrate the point that companies that rely on cold weather suffer and have to change their specialization.
Find vivid examples that prove that some policies actually are worse than useless, so people should develop more effective and safer solutions.
Examine the policy applied in New York City to cut greenhouse emissions by 80% by 2050 and show that it is less effective than the authorities expected.
Claim that governments do not inform the citizens of the dangerous effects that climate change can actually have.
Support the position that there is a lack of reliable evidence to prove the impact of such emissions on the temperature increase.
How to Write an Essay in a Persuasive Manner
- Develop an active, defendable stance for your thesis statement.
- Use clear topic sentences to begin each paragraph so that your argument flows logically.
- Make one claim in each sentence and keep your sentences to the point.
- Use effective persuasion techniques, e.g. repetition, agitation of the issue, and social approval.
- Address the potential concerns of your readers in an effective manner.
- Adopt the tone of authority by cutting our weak wording and passive voice.