Creating A Five-Paragraph Comparison Essay About Yourself
You may think that it is quite an easy task to write a comprehensive comparison essay about yourself, but this is where you’re wrong. It can be quite a daunting task especially if you would have to describe yourself in comparison to another individual in the process. However, we have some tips that can help you get through this particular assignment if necessary. Below are some of the steps as follows:
- First, you have to introduce yourself properly. I am not talking about saying your name and all the other pertinent information about you. Although you can choose to take this past, it would help to start with something relatable and simple enough to understand.
- For example, you can start by sharing a profound thought that you just learned a few hours ago. You can also start by getting your thoughts on a certain issue that has been bothering you. Just make sure that you would be able to give the audience a glimpse of who you are right of the bat through your words.
- After this, now you can focus on expanding your thought process for regarding the topic that you chose. It will allow you to give your personal insight on issues that can reflect your personality as an individual. From here, you can inject anecdotes about your family or any personal experience that you would like to share and then with the issue that you first mentioned.
- In addition, you also have to keep in mind that your exposition should be able to inspire other people. Since your goal is to talk about yourself, you should share inspiring stories about your life. Here you can give instances about going through certain situations that seemed impossible to get through on your own.
- This way, you will be able to make your exposition a success story on its own. It would help to give other people space in your exposition in such a way that you would be able to introduce their opinion of you through their own eyes. You can start in this part of the paragraph by saying something like “According to some people…”
- By doing this, you will be able to give another person’s perspective about you the chance to shed light on the person that you are today. Being a straightforward and factual as possible will also allow you to gaining credence in your writing. This is why you should always take that route when writing an essay. Otherwise, you should start writing fiction instead.
These are just some of the many ways for you to write your very own comparative essay. It is important that you can give equal exposure to yourself as well as to the other individual you are comparing yourself to. Otherwise, your exposition will appear biased for sure.